Re: Oracle*Terminal problems? (7.0.16/Solaris 2.3)

From: William Kaufman <wkaufman_at_wkaufman.us.oracle.com>
Date: 18 Feb 1995 17:38:18 GMT

In article <3i296s$1di_at_bristol.onramp.net> mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net (Michael J. Marolda) writes:
]
] I had a difficult time getting those to work and I finally ended up
] using the old character mode version oraterm (not oraterm20). This
] worked fine. I suspect that oraterm20m needs to be relinked against
] whatever version of motif you might have on your system.

    Since the OT generator uses the underlying window system to interpret key names, you need to generate your key bindings on the same platform as the resources are for: t20desm for Motif resources, t20des for character mode resources.

    You can edit your resource file using the Motif version (or the Windows or Mac version, for that matter), and generate using the CM version, if that's easier. But the "macro mode" key binding editor won't generate the right key names--again, because it gets the key names from the window system--so you'd need to enter key names by hand, or use the CM version of OT for "macro mode" editing.

  • Bill K.

Bill Kaufman, | "Hush my darling / Be still my darling / wkaufman_at_us.oracle.com | The lion's on the phone,..."