Re: Oracle V7 runs on OS/2 V3 (WARP)

From: <whsysana>
Date: 18 Feb 1995 18:54:24 +0100

> Reply to: Jong L. Tjioe
>
> ORACLE V7 RUNS ON OS/2 V3 (WARP)
>
> 16 Feb 1995 04:54:51 GMT
> California State University Sacramento
> Newsgroups:
> comp.databases.oracle
> Reply to newsgroup(s)
>I know that Oracle V7 runs on OS/2 V2.1. I just wondered
>whether Oracle V7 will also run fine on OS/2 V3.0 (WARP)
>
>Thanks for any info.
>
>Joe

Dear Sir,
I can tell you that ORACLE 7 runs with WARP as well al with OS/2 2.x I run the DB-engine under WARP and the CDE-tools (esp FORMS 4 and SQL*plus) in Win-OS/2-windows (on the same PC with only 16 MB RAM). You just have to look that there all the necessary drivers for the communication between the processes run properly ( these are the very same as in the prior OS/2-version).

To migrate just make backup copies from the *ini - files and from the autoexec.bat. After having installed (or, maybe, better: updated OS/2) you should be aware that the drivers needed are started automatically (otherwise you must do it manually), first start the DB-engine (SQL*DBA, then the Oracle-Listener, then Windows or a DOS-Session with the shadow-process and Netinit7 and at last the tool.

If the tool cannot connect to the DB, close the shadow-process and re-start it under OS/2.
Connecting from FORMS 4 I sometimes got an error msg from Netinit; but when I re-connected it worked.
It depends on your PC wether this configuration will work quickly (recommended: 32 MB RAM and a quick 486 or Pention)

Sincerely

WILD Hartlieb, whsysana_at_ping.at
Systemanalyse, A-6073 SISTRANS 280; AUSTRIA / EUROPE Received on Sat Feb 18 1995 - 18:54:24 CET

Original text of this message