Re: Restricting Logins

From: Lawrence V. Rohrer <lrohrer_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 17 Feb 95 05:41:34 GMT

In article <3i1594$sa9_at_indy-backup.indy.net>, bstanek_at_indy.net (Brian Stanek) wrote:

> Hey everyone, I was approached with a questions about restricting
> the logins of a particular account. The situtation is that they want to
> restrict access into a particular account to a single session. For the rest
> of the accounts in the database, multiple sessions are allowed.

The simple way is to write a custom login procedure. It would check the user_id/account type/security class for the appropriate access and then check a seperate table of if that user is logged in. Needless to say all users/logins will have to use this procedure. This may not work if users have access to such tools as SQL*Plus. It should work if the business logic is locked away in procedures. Received on Fri Feb 17 1995 - 06:41:34 CET

Original text of this message