Re: SQL-NET & Lotus for Mac

From: Craig Blanock <maccntrl_at_telerama.lm.com>
Date: 16 Feb 1995 14:55:37 GMT

In article <kelly-150295141054_at_holstein.ecn.uoknor.edu>, kelly_at_mailhost.ecn.uoknor.edu (Kelly Deaver) wrote:

> I was told by Oracle staff that Lotus on my Mac could "talk" to Oracle 7 on
> our Unix server via SQL-NET. I've gotten SQL-NET installed and it connects
> to our Oracle thru importer/exporter. Now, does anyone have a clue what I
> need to do under Lotus to get it to connect? It seems that I need to edit
> the DAL file in my 123 folder but I've yet to find the magic phrase. I've
> been trying to call Lotus Tech support for a week but all I get is that
> wonderful busy signal.
>
> If you don't know about Lotus but do know about another software that would
> work, I'll accept that as an alternative. I just don't want my users to
> have to write SQL code to use their databases.

Our company has a product called macControl which is a client/server, EIS, DSS application building environment. In many ways, it resembles a spreadsheet, but with an integrated multidimensional database for storing your information, and powerful automatic SQL generating capabilities, along with always allowing you the flexibility of writing your own SQL. It supports SQL*Net and DAL as middleware. It is used as the primary C/S development tool by many large companies such as Bayer, Tetra Pak, Miles, Armco, KPMG just to name a few. For more information, you call call or e-mail, or look at our new WWW site.(The Web site isn't complete yet but we will soon have more extensive downloadable documnetation and sample/tutorial applications.)

Craig Blanock
Senior Consultant
Breitschwerdt Information Systems
e-mail cblanock_at_bup.lm.com
WWW www.bup.lm.com
phone (412)777-5367 Received on Thu Feb 16 1995 - 15:55:37 CET

Original text of this message