Oracle and AIX-memory requirements?

From: <ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si>
Date: 16 Feb 95 12:39:39 +0200

        Hello everybody,

I have a problem to estimate the amount of required memory on our AIX 3.2.5 system ( RS6000 ). All i know is that i will have 120 users ( 110 in regularly interactive production, 10 in development ). Than some of them will use windows client tools and some of them will be directly connected on server.

Main goal is to have whole SGA in physical memory.

Questions?

How to estimate length of estimate for 120 users if i know we will intensivly use stored procedures and database triggers. How should i set the length of SHARED_POOL_MEMORY, Database buffers?

What should i think about in paging and swapping of users application?

How should i comapre model with 2 servers ( 1 database and one application ) with one
central server?

Anybody has an experience on thos kind of problems?

Thank you for your help,..

all the best from rainy Maribor,...

Ivo Drvaric,
e-mail: ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si Received on Thu Feb 16 1995 - 11:39:39 CET

Original text of this message