Re: ORACLE*CASE in 7.1

From: Simon Stow <sstow_at_uk.oracle.com>
Date: 16 Feb 1995 10:30:34 GMT

> jenseng_at_cadvision.com (Gord Jensen) wrote:
> >
> CASE 5.0 only supports version 6 design, CASE 5.1 supports ORACLE 7. CASE 5.0 is a forms 3
> interface, CASE 5.1 is Forms 4. As I understand it, if you have a full support licence for
> CASE, you can upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 without additional cost. However, Oracle are putting
> their development effort into MS windows; 5.1 has been production on MS windows since May '95.
> It was also suppose to be production on UNIX then as well; I have recently been told here in
> UK that for Sun, CASE 5.1 will now not be production until May '96!!!

Er no. I don't believe that is correct. CASE 5.1.8 on Sun is due for production on Sun soon, and most certainly in 1995. I do not think that Oracle Uk have introduced any new procedures that would delay the release for more than the 12 months you suggest.

> The product is being totally rewritten for MS Windows, including a new designer front end.
> This rewrite will only be available on MS Windows (for MS Windows also read OS/2, possibly?)
> There will also be an additinal module for handling Business Process Re-engineering; incidently
> the new product will be renamed!

CDE2 CASE is now in Beta. It consists of the following products:

	Oracle Process Modeller
	Oracle Systems Modeller
	Oracle Systems Designer
	Oracle Server Generator
	Oracle Forms Generator
	Oracle Reports Generator
	Oracle Repository Adminstrator

CDE2 CASE has a completely new user interface. The forms interface has been replaced with new graphical tools such as the Process Animator (for BPR), Data Diagrammer, Module Network Diagrammer, Module Data Diagrammer, Module Logic Navigator, Preferences Navigator and Repository Object Navigator. In addition, the CASE*Designer V1 diagrammers (entity relationship, dataflow, function hierarchy and matrix) have been redeveloped and key enhancements introduced.

The generators support Oracle 7.1, Forms 4.5 and Reports 2.5. The Repository Administrator includes a new Repository Management Facility, new Load/Unload/Merge utilities and a new reporting interface. There is also a full API allowing update access to the CDE2 CASE Repository. Received on Thu Feb 16 1995 - 11:30:34 CET

Original text of this message