Stored Procedures

From: Steve Angelovich <AngelovS_at_geographix.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 1995 04:56:47 GMT

Could somebody please give me some background information on what can be done with stored procedures, and how stored procedures are different from views.

We've been writting MS-Windows software that has utilized a small pc based database, but as our data requirements keep growing we want to move into the client server environment.

One of the things that I am concerned about is the flexibilty of manipulating the data. In some of our processes we end up creating some pretty complex queries. In many cases these queries get nested, because of aggregate functions and groupbys, otherwise they wont execute.

Can stored procedures be used to help us in gathering up the proper data and pounding it into the proper form?

Thanks for any information,
Steve

(Please e-mail me also, I can't keep up with the news traffic) Received on Thu Feb 16 1995 - 05:56:47 CET

Original text of this message