Re: RAID technology

From: Lisa Roderick <lisa.roderick_at_mko.mts.dec.com>
Date: 15 Feb 1995 16:29:38 GMT

In article <adrian-1202951152140001_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk>, adrian_at_a-cha.demon.co.uk says...

>On OSF/1 we use LSM and ADVFS to provide the stripe sets (which we also
>mirror!) and have the table spaces in UFS partitions.

One of the great features about Advanced File System on DEC OSF/1 is that if you find yourself running low on disk space, you can add another disk in about, oh, a second, maybe two. It has utilities to monitor performance and to allow migrating files across disks within a domain. Its GUI interface eases system management of both small and larger disk farms.

--
Lisa Roderick
Applications Systems Engineering Performance Group