Re: OBJ_OLE Lockups NT

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 23:04:47 GMT

In article <3hgnmd$bem_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu>, Christopher K. Krebs <ckrebs_at_s-cwis.unomaha.edu> wrote:
>I'm having trouble running the EMPEDIT example provided with the oracle
>objects. The connection to the database db.Open() locks up my NT
>system. This is the first thing I have run in 4 months that has
>ever forced me to reboot my NT system. I'm using VC 1.51, everything
>builds fine.
>
>Any help would be appreciated, before I delete this great package.
>
>Chris Krebs

Although your problem is severe the symptoms are vague. Do you have other Oracle 16bit apps connection properly? What may be happening is that you are specifying a incorrect connect string and the hang is SQL*Net trying to resolve a name(or something similar to this problem) Received on Wed Feb 15 1995 - 00:04:47 CET

Original text of this message