Re: Oracle Novell sites?

From: JThvedt <jthvedt_at_aol.com>
Date: 14 Feb 1995 02:10:26 -0500

> Frank Newman I10752 (fnewman_at_bdmserver.bdm.com) wrote:

> We regularly exchange Oracle data between a Digital VAX 8820 and a
 Digital
> Alpha, both running VMS, and our Novell servers. The only problem we
> are still trying to resolve is setting up database links. For some
 reason,
> we can set up a database link from the Novell server to Oracle on the
 VAX
> or Alpha-host Oracle databases without the 'connect to' qualifier using
> ops$ accounts but not from the opposite direction (VAX or Alpha to
Novell).

I assume you're using SQL*Net TCP/IP. It says somewhere in the Netware installation docs that ops$ logins work on Netware only via SQL*Net SPX. (Sorry I don't have the exact reference.)

Along those same lines, I can't get ops$ logins to work from DOS clients to a HP/UX server via TCP/IP using Novell's LAN Workplace for DOS. Anyone have a clue? Received on Tue Feb 14 1995 - 08:10:26 CET

Original text of this message