Newbie: Optimizer and Forms4

From: <cfischer_at_beach.utmb.edu>
Date: 13 Feb 95 16:36:42 -0400

I am trying to learn to optimize my sql using the optimization techniques I am finding in the manuals. Issuing statements interactively is working quite well but now I want to use the trace facility on some of my slower forms to narrow down where the slowness is coming from BUT I can't figure out how to turn it on in forms. I tried ALTER SESSION SET SQL_TRACE = TRUE but it didn't like it at all. I haven't been able to find anywhere in the Forms manuals about it either. I'm using Forms4 for windows with a 7.0 database.

Any help is appreciated. Received on Mon Feb 13 1995 - 21:36:42 CET

Original text of this message