Re: [Q Newbie]: Unknown user password in Personal Oracle

From: Alex Long <paladin_at_along.dialix.oz.au>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 12:04:19 GMT

Hi Mubasheer,

That username/password is one of the standard ones. They have been the same since the first Oacle I installed some versions afo.

The other you may come accorss is SYS password is CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
> Import sounds to me like a simple way of doing
it. Oh well. It looks to me like Oracle is trying to give us the "Proof, that you can't, without the expensive support plans, you can't"

> User "SYSTEM" Password "MANAGER"

> This is one of the few built-in accounts. I am now wondering if anybody
> with TCP/IP capabilities can access my database with these passwords since
> I am now running SQL*Net TCP/IP.

As for security, may I suggest that it would be prudent to change the password as soon as yoy install the software. Those usernames are mandatory for Oracle, and the paswords are known to tens of thousands of people.

I'm glad to hear you've installed it OK in the end.

Regards,
Alex Long Received on Fri Feb 10 1995 - 13:04:19 CET

Original text of this message