FREE CDE2 TRAINING! CDE2 Ambassadors Program, Part II

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 03:58:47 GMT

Once again, due to popular demand, Oracle is making this offer ...

Become a CDE2 Ambassador: Receive free training in the new CDE2 Tools !!!!!

By now you've probably heard about Oracle Cooperative Development Environment 2 (CDE2). If not, information is enclosed below. This is a unique opportunity for our customers to participate in the CDE2 Ambassador program. Oracle has established the CDE2 Ambassador program to help support CDE2 users. This program includes free training, access to Oracle development staff, a support bulletin board, free trial software, and many other benefits. The training will give you a chance to prepare for your use of the CDE2 products while being trained by our very own Forms, Reports and Graphics Product Managers!

If you would like to receive this free training and are willing to help your colleagues by providing support on the bulletin board, please send an e-mail to Lisa Namphy at lnamphy_at_us.oracle.com. Please respond right away as time is running out and space is limited. Please do not respond to the poster of this message.

Prerequisites for the training are a thorough knowledge of Forms 4.0 and Oracle7.

The training will be held at Oracle Headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA, in our training facility at 1301 Shoreway Drive, from March 7 - 10, 1995. It will be given by the people who know the products best: the product managers in the CDE2 development teams. This is a chance for Oracle customers and partners to meet the people who write the code for Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 2.5, Oracle Graphics 2.5, Oracle Procedure Builder 2.5, Oracle Data Query 4.0 and Oracle Browser 2.0 and learn everything there is to know.

If you are interested, please fill out the following signup sheet and e-mail it immediately to Lisa Namphy (lnamphy_at_us.oracle.com). She will get in touch with those who have been confirmed in the training. Please only fill out the sign up sheet if you know you can DEFINITELY attend the training from March 7 - 10, 9am - 5pm.

Name:
e-mail address:
Title:
Company Name:
Company Address:
Work phone number:
(leave me another # where I can get in touch with you to confirm your entry in the class if you are hard to reach at work): Work fax number:
Number of Developers in Company:

Is your company
- ISV:

  • BAP Member:
  • IOCA:
  • Ind. Consultants (and how many?):
  • VARS:
Will you be attending the CODA conference this year in March:

How many years experience with
- Oracle Forms 4.0:

  • Oracle Reports 2.0:
  • Oracle Graphics 2.0:
  • Oracle7:

Does your company participate in any CDE2 beta programs:

In case you haven't heard about our PowerSwitch program, here's a brief summary:

The new Cooperative Development Environment (CDE2) release extends the power and capabilities of client/server development to unprecedented levels, and as of December 30, 1994, the CDE2 Tools and Data Access products have entered production status on the Microsoft Windows platform.

We made our exciting new technology available in the form of a free evaluation copy of the Oracle CDE2 Tools SDK under a promotional event called PowerSwitch. With this release, developers pilot-tested applications for deployment immediately upon production shipment of the products. The Oracle CDE2 Tools SDK included Oracle Forms 4.5, Oracle Reports 2.5, Oracle Graphics 2.5, and Oracle Procedure Builder 1.5. A free copy was obtained by calling an automated fax response number and signing and sending back a Non Disclosure, and order form.

Oracle Cooperative Development Environment 2 (CDE2) is the latest upgrade to Oracle's suite of products for client/server application development. CDE2 is a major enhancement, extending Oracle's offering with advanced support for distributed databases, replication, drag-and-drop application partitioning, scalability to tens of thousands of client/server users, full Windows support, full Macintosh support, full Motif support, character mode support, redesigned developer interfaces, improved performance, object oriented 4GL tools, a new emphasis on the individual and workgroup user, and full openness. CDE2 is comprised of products in three areas - CDE2 Data Access, CDE2 Tools and CDE2 CASE - integrated within the families and across the life cycle through a full life cycle approach and a shared repository.

We are looking forward to seeing you in March!!!

  • Dennis Moore, Oracle Corp. dbmoore_at_oracle.com dbmoore_at_netcom.com --
  • Dennis Moore, Oracle Corp. dbmoore_at_oracle.com dbmoore_at_netcom.com