Re: Mulit-instance Communication under NT

From: Jean Carre <jcarre_at_riq.qc.ca>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 1995 01:00:07 GMT

>We are using 10 instances and same amount of database links in same Intel
>based server. Our protocol is TCP/IP, operating system NT 3.1. So far I
>know using version 7.0. of Oracle RDBMS with NT 3.5 is not recommended.
>You should obtain newer verision of Oracle (7.1.3.). This version should
>be releasead soon if not yet. Performance of 7.0.15.6 under NT Version
>3.5 is very poor. This combination reduce performance over 40%.
>What kind of errormsg you get?

We are installing a client/server environment that will cover our whole corporation using PlanView, an SQL based application originally developped for GUPTA. Our initial tests using Oracle 7 on Novell turned-out to be not performant at all (on Pentium, 128 Megs RAM). Since we are planning to use NTs as servers, we are about to try it on NT instead of Novell...

What is said above is far from encouraging. Is there more people with NT experience with Oracle 7. Is the 7.1 version really necessary? Because it can support multi-processors? Or UNIX the best OS for Oracle by far....? Received on Fri Feb 10 1995 - 02:00:07 CET

Original text of this message