Re: Webmaster Kit for NT?

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 9 Feb 1995 20:46:57 GMT

Greg Schueman (schueman_at_access.digex.net) wrote:

: In article <rg5.180.002D9C80_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov>,
: Bob Goldschmidt <rg5_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov> wrote:
: >Hello All:
: >
: >I am most interested in the new Oracle Webmaster kit - BUT - it is developed
: >solely for Unix people. The downloadables are all in .TAR.Z format.
: >
: >So - what to do? I am a Windows NT / Novell site.
:
: From my brief look at the kit I have the following observations:

... text deleted ...

: Maybe someone wants to bundle all this up and give it back to Oracle
: for inclusion on their Web site, or perhaps Oracle should consider
: doing this.
:
: I hope that someone from Oracle heard this last comment.
:
: Greg Schueman

I hope I'm wrong on this, but I wouldn't expect much cooperation between O.corp and MS. See the news clippings section on WWW.Oracle.Com about Oracle's marketing strategy of using WWW generated direct-sales to beat MS's shrink-wrapped off-the-shelf mass marketing.

I too hope that some of the Oracle folks will overcome this possible problem caused by normal competitiion and get NT and Novell stuff out there so as to help more than just Unix customers with WWW<-> Oracle interface development.

EP Received on Thu Feb 09 1995 - 21:46:57 CET

Original text of this message