Re: HELP.. SQLMENU menu styles problem

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 9 Feb 1995 19:49:49 GMT

00pegottwald_at_bsuvc.bsu.edu writes:

>Can anyone help me out or give me some suggestions of why I can't seem to
>save the "Full Screen" menu style.. Any suggestions or comments
>would be *greatly* appreciated...

You can't save it because it isn't designed to be saved as part of the menu, it is a user configurable option rather than an integral part of the menu design.

What you can do is have the user specify the menu type when executing 'runmenu' like this: runmenu50 / -m f

What we do is to have a short shell script in our /usr/local/lib directory called 'menu' that contains the above command. (We use OPS$ accout validation, you may have to adjust things accordingly.) Likewise, users that don't get a command prompt (most of them) have as the final line in their .profile:

      exec runmenu50 / -m f

Using 'exec' eliminates a lot of problems with subshells.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)