Re: CDE2 TO OBLITERATE TEXT-MODE FORMS?

From: Joseph Bennett <bennettj_at_news-server>
Date: 9 Feb 1995 20:52:28 GMT

Voyager (rt_at_astro.ocis.temple.edu) wrote:
: Will we loose Unix text-based (eg vt100) support for forms and
: reports (runtimes) when CDE2 hits the streets? I plan to use Windows for
: development but text mode runtimes for forms and reports in Unix, for
: deployment. Please help!

: --
: MicroSoft - Bringing yesterday's technology to you - tomorrow someday.

My understanding from Steve Muench (Oracle's Forms Development Manager), via the IOUW '94 was that character mode would be supported, in runtime, for the forseeable future. I know that there is even a special section on it in the Forms 4.5 docs.

--