ORA-01405: fetched column value is NULL

From: Sharkbones <sharkbones_at_aol.com>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 20:46:38 -0500

Help!
We are migrating a few PRO*COBOL reports (about 200) from ORACLE 6 and OpenVMS VAX to ORACLE 7 and OpenVMS AXP. I compiled and relinked the reports.
When I run the reports under ORACLE 7, it seems that the warning "ORA-01405: fetch column value is NULL" is returning a negative SQLCODE and setting the SQLERROR. We have a WHENEVER SQLERROR statement in all the reports that terminates them cleanly whenever there is an SQLERROR. When the reports are run under ORACLE 6, they run fine. I assume the same warning only sets the SQLWARNING, which is ignored. The reports continue processing.
This is frustrating. Can anybody offer a solution to this? Thanks in advance,
Ron Young Received on Thu Feb 09 1995 - 02:46:38 CET

Original text of this message