Re: Webmaster Kit for NT?

From: Greg Schueman <schueman_at_access.digex.net>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 17:02:38 -0500

In article <rg5.180.002D9C80_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov>, Bob Goldschmidt <rg5_at_drgpo.drg.nih.gov> wrote:
>Hello All:
>
>I am most interested in the new Oracle Webmaster kit - BUT - it is developed
>solely for Unix people. The downloadables are all in .TAR.Z format.
>
>So - what to do? I am a Windows NT / Novell site.

From my brief look at the kit I have the following observations: 1) It's based on scripts/Perl/OraPerl all of which are available for

    Win NT.
2) Oracle runs on NT
3) WWW servers run on NT.

Therefore with alot of scrounging on the Net using archie and access to wuarchive and ftp.cdrom.com among other sites you should be able to get everything you need.

The kit filename owik.tar.Z is simply a compressed tar file. Both tar and compress are available for NT (freely I might add).

Maybe someone wants to bundle all this up and give it back to Oracle for inclusion on their Web site, or perhaps Oracle should consider doing this.

I hope that someone from Oracle heard this last comment.

Greg Schueman Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 23:02:38 CET

Original text of this message