Re: Oracle Financial Downloading to Excel or Text File

From: Craig R. McClanahan <crm_at_dat.com>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 18:51:37 GMT

In article <3h66ok$jhu_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com>, salcz_at_aol.com says...

>I have a question relating to the downloading of Oracle Financials to a
>Lotus file or a text file. I know the downloading is possible but
 getting
>there is the problem. What command or set of commands do I use within
>Oracle to obtain the Lotus or text file. Thanks for any help.
>

>salcz_at_aol.com

You're probably not going to find anything in Oracle Financials itself about creating such files -- at least we didn't. Instead, the recommended approach is to buy the Technical Manuals for the apps you use (if you don't have them already) so that you learn the table and column layouts of the Oracle Financials data tables. Then, use the "Get External Data" (for Microsoft Excel) or "Attach to Remote Table" (for Microsoft Access) as ways to make data from the Oracle Financials database visible to PC applications.

Security considerations should definitely be thought through before doing this. We're handling it by creating special Oracle roles that provide read-only access to some customized views (for example, you can pull GL transactions but only for a particular department). Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 19:51:37 CET

Original text of this message