Re: Report writers for Oracle?

From: John D Groenveld <groenvel_at_sml.cse.psu.edu>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 18:02:46 GMT

>pascal_at_wsc.com () wrote:
>>
>> I am looking for information on existing report writers
>> for Oracle. I've seen SQL*ReportWriter, and I don't like
>> v1. Version two seems to be better, but is there a way
>> of producing the reports without having to launch Motif?
>>
>> I need to produce reports automatically, and the report
>> production will be triggered by a Unix daemon.
>>
>> Any info will be gratly appreciated!
>>
>> Pascal Forget
>> WSC Investment Services
>> 90 Broad Street, New York, NY 10004
>> pascal_at_wsc.com

Try DbPower (DbPublish) from DPTech. They make a very sweet product. It comes with a 4GL visual programmer tool (Motif I think) but generates pro*c code. The output reports are postscript for great portability and since it generates pro*c executable you should be able to run it from the shell or a daemon. The bad news is, I dont have their number, the good news is they're are probably in the 1-800 directory or listed in one of the Oracle or DBMS mags.

John Groenveld - Penn State ARL
groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 19:02:46 CET

Original text of this message