Re: DB2<-->netware<-->oracle

From: SSCGH <sscgh_at_aol.com>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 22:56:22 -0500

You can choose a tcp/ip solution if it suits you. You use SQL*Net on your workstation and come into mvs via tcp/ip to SQL*Net (Oracle's protocol management product) to the Transparent Gateway to DB2 which is a single address space that supports multiple connections to DB2 via call attach. Both SQL*Net and the Gateway are from Oracle. We are using the Gateway predecessor called SQL*Connect. I can't say a lot of good things about this approach because it is a very difficult connection to manage; using sockets, it's not exactly architected as the db2/2-db2/mvs connection is but if your users are not os/2, what choice do you have. On top of that, trying to install Oracle software in an mvs environment is **&&!!_at_@## because they seem to have only a few people in their whole company who can even spell mvs. Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 04:56:22 CET

Original text of this message