Re: Utility to dump an Oracle table

From: David Hiltz <dhiltz_at_whsun2.whoi.edu>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 05:28:33 GMT

Eric Pierce (sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu) wrote:
: Susan Wagner (smwagne_at_abu) wrote:
: : DB2 has a utility - I think it's called DSNUTIL. It will download a DB2
: : table in fixed column flat file format. Does anyone know if there is an
: : Oracle utility like this? We do not want to use export because direct
: : load is faster than import and we are dealing with very large volumes.

: NO.

: It is easy to use SQL*Plus to get a fixed column flat file. You
: can write a SQL script that queries the data dictionary for table
: and column names and generates another SQL script to do the
: dump(s). It is possible to use the SET command to turn off
: column headings, etc (maybe somebody will repost some of the
: good examples I have seen in the past?)

  unloadr (an oraperl script) will dump tables to ascii files.

   David Hiltz
   dhiltz_at_whsun1.wh.whoi.edu
   Unix System Administrator
   Northeast Fisheries Science Center
   ######&_at_&###### Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 06:28:33 CET

Original text of this message