Re: Utility to dump an Oracle table

From: Eric Pierce <sac50216_at_saclink1.csus.edu>
Date: 8 Feb 1995 01:25:35 GMT

Susan Wagner (smwagne_at_abu) wrote:
: DB2 has a utility - I think it's called DSNUTIL. It will download a DB2
: table in fixed column flat file format. Does anyone know if there is an
: Oracle utility like this? We do not want to use export because direct
: load is faster than import and we are dealing with very large volumes.

NO.

It is easy to use SQL*Plus to get a fixed column flat file. You can write a SQL script that queries the data dictionary for table and column names and generates another SQL script to do the dump(s). It is possible to use the SET command to turn off column headings, etc (maybe somebody will repost some of the good examples I have seen in the past?)

EP Received on Wed Feb 08 1995 - 02:25:35 CET

Original text of this message