[Q] Personal Oracle V7 Lockup

From: Byron Pearce <bpearc1_at_abacus.tis.tandy.com>
Date: 7 Feb 1995 14:43:27 GMT

I have recently attempted to install Personal Oracle V7 using a CD-ROM that we have received from Oracle Corporation (a pre-production Beta release). I have succesfully installed the WIN32S driver for Windows 3.1, and the install procedure for PO7 seems to work fine. However, when the install procedure begins to "rename the database files" it suddenly just stops. The computer is not locked up in the traditional sense, as I still have mouse movement, but it just stops doing anything and leaves me in hourglass mode.

If I reboot the PC and try to start the database using the Manager or SQL*DBA I get messages indicating corrupt files. I plan to take my Admin guides from work home to tackle this thing tonight, but I was just wondering if anyone else had encountered this? If so, what type of cause/solution was there?

Thanks!

Byron Pearce | The thoughts and views herein do not Tandy Information Services | necessarily reflect that of Tandy byron.pearce_at_tandy.com | Corporation. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."