Re: Clustered Tables and Cluster Keys

From: DavidJRoth <davidjroth_at_aol.com>
Date: 6 Feb 1995 18:57:39 -0500

>Subject: Clustered Tables and Cluster Keys
>From: Tim.Bunce_at_ig.co.uk (Tim Bunce)
>Date: Mon, 6 Feb 1995 13:00:11 +0000

>I'm working on a physical database design at the moment and I'm
considering using clusters.

General wisdom is DON'T use clusers!

There are a few very specialized circumstances where clusters are supposed to be very good. I thought I knew what they were. I got burned!

If any one has a success story using clusters I would love to hear about it.

David Roth

CMC Systems                                       All opinions expressed
UNIX Client/Server System Integrators      are my own.
(508) 392-1300x20 Received on Tue Feb 07 1995 - 00:57:39 CET

Original text of this message