Re: Powerbuilder 4 vs. CDE2

From: Robbie Bailey <robbieb_at_crl.com>
Date: 5 Feb 1995 07:44:00 -0800

Anders Volle (volle_at_oslonett.no) wrote:
: We«re in the process of recommending development tools for a customer and
: have come down with two names: Oracle«s CDE and Powerbuilder .

: The problem is that their current releases are so recently released (at
: least in my part of the world) that it«s hard to find developers that have
: any real experience with them.

: Does anyone know if there are there any evaluation reports out yet?

: I also wel: I'm posting this to both

I can only say that I have seen the output of a group of developers that created an enterprise-wide database that was "fully normalized" which is nice if you are a developer but terrible if you are an admin or user. Just remind yourself how are you going to join some of your tables structures together when trying to report out of the database. Powerbuilder does a real nice job though and has a slick interface, but its not the tool that does the damage... its the minds behind it ;-)

Robbie Bailey Received on Sun Feb 05 1995 - 16:44:00 CET

Original text of this message