Mixing PL/SQL & .CMD file?

From: <srife_at_desire.wright.edu>
Date: 4 Feb 95 22:50:29 EST

We are using Oracle 7 on an OS/2 server for a data warehouse. Updates to some of the tables in the warehouse we are doing with SQLLOAD, and some with PL/SQL. We would like to make the process as hands-off as possible, and as intelligent as possible through the use of PL/SQL logic.

Our problem is that we would like to combine the SQLLOAD process now driven with OS/2 .CMD files and the PL/SQL logic into one job stream, that can be aborted if the PL/SQL logic detects an error condition. We can't figure out how though to communicate a condition status from PL/SQL back to the .CMD environment. An alternative would be to be able to invoke SQLLOAD from PL/SQL, but that doesn't appear to be possible either.

We haven't been using Oracle long so I hope this isn't one of those RTFM questions.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Scott
Wright State University Received on Sun Feb 05 1995 - 04:50:29 CET

Original text of this message