Re: Storing files in the database

From: Jerome Carron <jcarron_at_ca.oracle.com>
Date: 3 Feb 1995 22:57:36 GMT

> I am looking for some assistance regarding extracting information
> from an Oracle database.
>
> I need to store a file (.ZIP) in a database. The file will be
> stored in a database column defined as Long Raw (this will hold
> up to 2 GB of binary type data). I then need a retrieve the file
> from the database while in MS-DOS and have it place the files on
> the hard-drive. I have VB, SQL-Windows and the C compiler with
> the SQL-Net in my list of tools. The file will be between
> 5 - 15 MB in size.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas or have you done something similar to this?
>
> Thanks for any assistance.
>

> John Dennis

Are you writing a DOS or Window app?

There are several ways of doing this. Using the Pro*C precompiler or using OCI calls. Pro*C is probably the easiest way to get started. You may want to contact Oracle WW Support as they have some bulletins on this, otherwise I can forward you some code I have done for DOS apps.

Regards
Jerome Carron Received on Fri Feb 03 1995 - 23:57:36 CET

Original text of this message