The Question "Which is the best Client to access ORACLE"

From: Paul Waugh <paul_at_p-waugh.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 1995 22:37:33 +0000

With all of the problems I have been reading about ODBC connection from EXCEL, ACCESS, WORD6 and other "end user dev tools" to the ORACLE7 server on UNIX, VMS etc I'm wondering which is the best Windows Client product to use for ORACLE information access.

I have recently seen the DBASE WINDOWS 5.5 product that didnot use ODBC but went direct to SQL*NET for information gathering.

Does anybody have first hand knowledge or another product in mind. "remeber must be a good end user tool"

I would appreciate any thoughts or discussions

| Paul Waugh EMail paul_at_p-waugh.demon.co.uk |
| Mail sent via Demon Internet - Full IP for 10/Month Tel:081 349 0063 |