Re: Problems with truncated characters on Forms in windows

From: Doug Pickering <pickering_at_edieng.enet.dec.com>
Date: 3 Feb 1995 07:07:41 GMT

Hi,

I have been working at a clients site and come across a problem. Does anyone have a quick and easy work-around?

Using Oracle Forms 4.12 (and I believe 4.13) on a 640x480 screen, text fields that are Displayed, Enabled, Navigatable with Right Justification, data type number and a raised or lowered bevel. The font is set to the default for the form, which apparently is Arial 7 point.

The problem is that characters in the form end up a couple of pixels to low, the bevel then cuts the bottom of the characters. Changing the justification or removing the bevel solves the problem. Placing the screen in 800x600 and using large fonts also solves the problem. The client has some 200 forms, changing all of the would be a big job. Any fix needs to be quick and easily applied to many hundreds of PC's.

I have tried using other point sizes and fonts, but if the field is navigable the font doesn't seem to change.

Ideas?

Doug Pickering Received on Fri Feb 03 1995 - 08:07:41 CET

Original text of this message