Re: Personal Oracle

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 1995 09:49:11 -0800

In article <rwh4+.208.000871FE_at_pitt.edu>, rwh4+_at_pitt.edu (Richard W. Harris) wrote:

>Personal Oracle 7 is only available for Windows 3.1 and Windows for Workgroups
>3.11 with the Win32s enhancement installed.
>
>The Win32s enhancement is included with Personal Oracle 7.
>
>It's on ftp.oracle.com in pub/www/po7Windows.

I know I have said this before, but I cannot over emphasize it's importance:

The software available from ftp.oracle.com is not "designed" to be grabbed blindly via ftp (obviously, it's techinically possible). Part of the product is the Web server which is how you are supposed to "grab" the software. The reason for this is that the Web server is designed to be your first line of technical information. A lot of the questions posted to this newsgroup are pretty much directly attributable to users not reading the Web pages. It's understandable that users will have questions if they don't avail themselves of the information provided.

Anyway, just feel I had to say that... :) --Doug

--
Doug Bitting
Oracle Worldwide Customer Support / Apple Desktop Products Group