Re: Oraperl problem

From: Michael J. Marolda <mmarolda_at_bristol.onramp.net>
Date: 3 Feb 1995 10:04:10 -0600

In article <3gt0ji$pej_at_highway.leidenuniv.nl>, Rene de Bie <M.A.de_Bie_at_CRI.leidenuniv.nl> wrote:
>Hi, I would like to know if somebody ever compiled oraperl succesfully
>on solaris2.3. I use Oraperlv2.4, perl-4.036, gcc(or cc) and oracle 7.1.3
>
>The error msg i get is:
>
>Undefined first referenced
>symbol in file
>__cg92 /home/oracle/product/7.1.3/lib/libocic.a(oci.o)
>
>I've seen a msg on this group about this, but the solution was not given,
>at least, i didn't understand it. Anyone suggestions?

The problem isn't perl. Oracle on Solaris requres that you use the Sun compiler, acc which has libraries that resolve that resolve that symbol. I've heard (but haven't tried it) that you can define an extern int __cg92 in one of your source files and you will be able to link. I don't know what side affects there will be as a result of this.

I hope this helps.

Mike Marolda
mmarolda_at_onramp.net Received on Fri Feb 03 1995 - 17:04:10 CET

Original text of this message