Running Windows front end apps under Win-OS/2

From: ANZ Bank Lan Development Group <anz_at_central.co.nz>
Date: 2 Feb 1995 02:23:16 GMT

Hi, I'm currently trying to get a Windows application, which front-ends an Oracle 6 system we have running on a Netware 3.11 server, working under Win-OS/2. The reason I want to do this is due to better stability under OS/2 2.11/3.0 (we run something like a dozen different applications concurrently on the workstations and Windows just can't keep up without crashing every 3 or 4 hours!!!)

I've installed the required support files for OS/2 and can quite happily connect to the server using SQLDBA from an OS/2 command prompt, so connectivity from OS/2 is not an issue.

The application we are using was written in-house in MS Visual Basic v3.0, and uses oracle-glue to talk to the DBMS.

Has anyone out there in unreality-land done, or is attempting to do, anything like this.

Please post any responses here, as I' currently having problems getting access to the mail server.

Thanks in advance.

Shane Woodman
LAN Development Group Received on Thu Feb 02 1995 - 03:23:16 CET

Original text of this message