Re: ORACLE NLM

From: Shiraz Kanga <skanga_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2 Feb 1995 01:57:30 GMT

In article <3g9vh8$q1p_at_crl5.crl.com> roadgoat_at_crl.com (Timothy Wong) writes:
>You can only run one instance of Oracle on a 3.1x server. You can run
>more than one instance on a 4.1 server with the new oracle7 NLMs, but you
>would not gain that much benefit unless you have more than one CPU in the
>server. Sybases' (I suspect you talked to a Sybase user/rep)
>implementation supports multiple instances - that's how they take
>advantage of SMP processors. Oracle7 should take advantage of multiple
>processors automatically. So you may only have to run one instance.
>--
>Tim Wong
>roadgoat_at_crl.com
>"No TV, and no beer, makes Homer go something something. . . "

Wrong again - it does not depend on the version of Netware. It depends on the version of Oracle. Oracle 7.1 will support multiple instances on Netware 3.11 or later. Support for SMP will also be forthcoming with Netware 4.1

shiraz

--
Shiraz Kanga (skanga_at_oracle.com) Tel: (415)506-5412 Fax: (415)506-7822
Analyst -- Desktop Netware Group - Worldwide Technical Support - 3OP11