Implementing 10.4 Applications question

From: Tim Wendt <tim.wendt_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 14:36:50 GMT

Our company is attempting to implement 10.4 Applications (ie, Receivables, Order Entry, etc) and I am hoping that someone who is using this beast can answer a couple questions or make some suggestions. Here is my basic question:

Is anyone using 10.4 to export/extract transaction data between legacy systems? (or importing data other than an initial load via the interface tables?)

Example: perhaps we would like to use 10.4 as our record of reference for customer data...how could we capture "inserts" of new RA_CUSTOMER rows and export this data (psuedo real-time) to our legacy systems?

We are being told by consultants that this has never been attempted. We are also being told that we cannot place triggers on 10.4 tables to populate non-10.4 tables. It is hard to believe that we are the only company that needs to support existing legacy systems after implementing the 10.4 applications.

Any help, suggestions or ideas would be most appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Tim Wendt
tim.wendt_at_daytonoh.ncr.com Received on Wed Feb 01 1995 - 15:36:50 CET

Original text of this message