Re: Q: NT Client (32 bit) ==> Oracle Server on Novell

From: Victor Grigorieff <vgrigori_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1 Feb 1995 22:05:55 GMT

In article <peralex.24.00111DA9_at_aztec.co.za> Tom Davies, peralex_at_aztec.co.za writes:
>Hi Folks,
> Can I develop a 32-bit client on NT3.5 which talks to an Oracle
 Server on
>a Novell machine? Which bits of software do I need?
>
>Thanks for any suggestions.
>
>Regards,
> Tom Davies

For development of code on NT 3.5, you will need Pro*C 1.6 for Windows NT, which
is not yet released. This is expected to be available in shipping in 4-6 weeks.

To connect to a Netware server, you will need SQL*Net TCP/IP for Windows NT, or SQL*Net 2.1 for Windows NT and the TCP/IP Protocol Adapter for Windows NT. These should be available at the same time as Pro*C 1.6.

SQL*Net TCP/IP for Netware is currently available, as is SQL*Net version 2,
and the accompying TCP/IP protocol adapter for Netware. What you need is either SQL*Net verison 1 on both sides (Nt and Netware), or SQL*Net version 2 on both sides, with the TCP/IP protocol adapater as well.

If you were using NT 3.1, you could use the currently available Pro*C for NT 1.5.6 and the SQL*Net TCP/IP for NT 1.1.6.5.

  • Victor
    Victor Grigorieff vgrigori_at_us.oracle.com Oracle Worldwide Technical Support
-----+
| A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion,  butcher |
| a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance  accounts, |
| build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders,

| cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem,pitch  manure, |
| program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die  gallantly. |

| Specialization is for insects.                          -- Robert
Heinlein |