Re: Diff'ing two schema

From: Gerry Leith <Gerry_at_bradmark.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 1995 09:48:37 +0000

In article <DEREK.95Jan26201404_at_candyland.gamekeeper.bellcore.com>

           derek_at_candyland.gamekeeper.bellcore.com "25381-fields" writes:

> Has anyone written a shell script or program that will produce a diff of
> two schema and possibly the SQL required to modify one schema to the other?
>
> While I can envision how to do this, I would rather not take the time if
> someone else has already done it. Email is preferred, post is fine.
>
> Derek Fields
> (derek_at_cc.bellcore.com)
> --
> Derek Fields
> (derek_at_gamekeeper.bellcore.com)

Bradmark Technologies will very soon be releasing a new option to it's DBGeneral product family which will do a full comparison of any or all objects in Oracle databases. The option will be called DXB.

It is designed to interrogate the dictionaries and let you zoom into tables, views and index structures. You can display or print objects that exist or differ in various databases (several at a time is no problem). You can, if you wish, detail the structural differences between all objects, in all databases.

Release of DXB is very close, so if you, or any other user is interested in this please send me a note of your contact information and we will be sure to be in touch soon. E-Mail Gerry_at_bradmark.demon.co.uk, CServe Gerry Leith 100276,2472. Alternatively call me on +44 1905 795444. In the short term I can also handle contacts from non-European areas and will see that they get to the right person. A glossy is also available which can be sent should you wish.

Best regards from England where it is still raining !!

--
Gerry Leith
Managing Director