Re: Indexes in memory not on disk

From: Christian Von-Grone <Christian_Von-Grone_at_pe2.maus.de>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 95 19:40:00 GMT

Hi Tim,

tl>        There is no way of telling Oracle to lock an index into memory.
tl>
tl>        I would suspect that you have insufficient main memory for your
tl>application.
tl>        Try increasing DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS, but don't induce O/S paging or
tl>        swapping.

it could be possible to put the index into a separate tablespace und tell the operating system to keep that file permanently cached in memory (write-through!), although I doubt that increasing the size of the SGA by that amount of memory would be less effective.

Christian

---
Christian v. Grone, Germany
cv_at_pe2.maus.de    (<16KB)