Data Warehouse General

From: Mark Kearney <mkearney_at_teacht.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 23:11:24 +0000

Hi,

I am currently involved in designing a data warehouse based on sales/order data (Oracle 7) which will feed data primarily to EIS systems using multidimensional databases (PcExpress).

Are there any designers out there who have worked on RDBMS/MDB interfaces who will be willing to give me any pointers/warnings?

In particular how to reconcile the relational model and MDB dimensions (this seems to throw up differences in data definition).

Apologies for being a bit general but any comments thrown this way will be hungrily devoured :-)

Many Thanks

Mark Kearney Received on Tue Jan 31 1995 - 00:11:24 CET

Original text of this message