Re: FORM: function in where clause?

From: Tony Rothwell <Tony_at_santen.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 01:46:53 +0000

In article: <3g9noc$b5_at_indy-backup.indy.net> bstanek_at_indy.net (Brian Stanek) writes:
> I do not think that you are able to use a function in a where clause in
> forms 3.0 or 4.0. However; I was just informed that the RDBMS 7.1
> supports placing a function in the where clause.
>
> If this is not in forms 4.0, you can create a stored procedure and
> call it from forms.
>
> I am not sure about forms 4.5. I just ordered our production version
> this morning.

Hi Brian

With Oracle 7.1 you can reference PL/SQL stored functions in SQL statements. These are *server* stored functions, not client functions defined in Forms. Any tool running against 7.1 can make use of this facility.

Stored functions that are used in this way have to follow certain rules (like not writing to the database or package variables). Check out the manuals for details.

Tony. Received on Mon Jan 30 1995 - 02:46:53 CET

Original text of this message