Reports for Windows and Temporary file problem

From: Paul Quinn <quinn_at_atl.sofkin.ca>
Date: 28 Jan 1995 20:09:25 -0400

We are attempting to install the CDE run-time components of both Forms 4.0 and Reports 2.0 on a Novell file server. The Reports Installation Manual suggests setting the DOS environment TEMP variable to a local directory for performance reasons, and/or if the network drive is read-only to the user (which it is). We have set the TEMP variable to point at the directory C:\TEMP\, but when the Forms application attempts to run a report it aborts with the error message 'REP-0118 Unable to create temporary file'. Oracle's docs say that means one of:

(1) You can't write to the device (Why we set TEMP in the first place).
(2) You don't have enough space to create the file (Okay, the C: drive

     does only have 4 MB free, but you need more???!)
(3) A temporary file which can't be deleted already exists (I don't think so...).

Does the TEMP solution really redirect the creation of temporary files?

Do I need to set something in ORACLE.INI?

Help!

Paul Quinn Received on Sun Jan 29 1995 - 01:09:25 CET

Original text of this message