Re: Q: Mainframe access to ORACLE on UNIX

From: Eric Stephens <eastephe_at_mailbox.syr.edu>
Date: 28 Jan 1995 22:11:04 GMT

In article <3g8rlk$11p_at_clavin.uprc.com>, Anthony Bravo <anthony_bravo_at_uprc.com> says:

>Does anyone know if it's possible to access an ORACLE RDBMS running
>on a UNIX box from an IBM mainframe? Usually, the UNIX box is
>acting as the client and the mainframe as the server (at least that's
>what I understand about ORACLE's transparent gateways). The
>question is whether it can be done the other way around. Is the
>ORACLE DRDA interface accessable from DB2, for example?
>
>Thanks,
>Tony Bravo
>tbrav_at_ctp.com

It is my understanding that O sells a precompiler for the host that allows you to access O tables on other platforms (NLM, UNIX).

Eric A. Stephens, Software Developer
Computer Sciences Corporation, Technology Management Group Syracuse, NY USA
eastephe_at_mailbox.syr.edu <MIME enabled> http://mothra.syr.edu:8000/~eastephe/index.html Received on Sat Jan 28 1995 - 23:11:04 CET

Original text of this message