Re: Oracle running successfully on OSF

From: Jay Walters <jwalters_at_igate.iohk.com>
Date: 28 Jan 1995 01:35:26 GMT

R Glenn Stauffer (stauffer_at_cc.swarthmore.edu) wrote:

: roderick_at_eps.enet.dec.com (Lisa Roderick) writes:

: > >We are considering purchasing a Dec Alpha machine but before doing so
: > >would like to know if Oracle is stable running under OSF.
: > >
: > Hi Graham,
: >
: > I'm in one of Digital's performance groups dedicated to working with
: > Oracle on Digital platforms. I've been working with Oracle exclusively
: > on DEC OSF/1 for a year now, and it's as stable as other Oracle
: > platforms. Digital is a tier-one partner with Oracle.
: >
: >

Does ORACLE support SMP machines like the DEC Alpha 2100 = What does this look like to the application, one instance or several instances sharing the same database.

Thanks
Jay Walters Received on Sat Jan 28 1995 - 02:35:26 CET

Original text of this message