Re: FORMS 3 help needed

From: Craig Kasold <cdg_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 28 Jan 1995 02:50:17 GMT

In <D33Dyq.77C_at_iglou.com> proberts_at_iglou.iglou.com (Phil Roberts) writes:

>I have a newbie question. Please answer if you can.
>
>When using SQL*Forms 3 how do I limit what data can be input into a
 field?
>I want to allow only three values to be input into the field. Only an
 'A',
>'B', or 'C' can be input. I haven't figured out how to keep other
 characters
>from being input in the field.
>
>As the input people do data entry they sometimes rush and enter other
>characters without checking their input. I must eliminate this through
 some
>means so that they can only enter the 'A', 'B', or 'C'. How is this
 done?

> Phil Roberts | proberts_at_iglou.com
> IgLou - The Internet Gateway of Louisville

Phil,

   There are many ways, the simplest may be on a key-nnxtfld, and key-prvfld trigger. Just put an 'if' statement in these triggers --> if :block.fieldname = 'A', 'B', 'C' then next_field (or previous_field) else
  message('error!!!');
  synchronize; raise swlforms.form_trigger_failure; end if;
I will be glad to help you in any way
Craig
cdg_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Sat Jan 28 1995 - 03:50:17 CET

Original text of this message