Re: Moving from OS/2 to Unix

From: Blow Wind Blow <92908250_at_$MAILHOST>
Date: 27 Jan 1995 18:00:57 GMT

Paul Singer (singerap_at_powergrid.electriciti.com) wrote:
: support_at_jfdi.demon.co.uk (DSS Unix Support) wrote:

: > We've got a number of OS/2 servers each wit their own copy of Oracle Case
: > development tools. We want to combine all the servers onto a single Unix
: > platform. Are there likely to be any hidden problems with this? (The
: > question stems from a general mistrust of Oracle software)
: >
: > Paul Wilson
: > --
: > CWS Unix Support

: Yes, you are moving in the wrong directions. Oracles latest case
: tools will be released on PC type platforms first. The only
: exception will be SUN. If you want to use CDE2 you should be
: running Windows, Windows NT, or posibly on a SUN.

I think you have some misunderstanding. Oracle Case is only a client application and is independent of the server. So I think Paul can migrate the case dictionary table from OS/2 server to unix. Just remember to follow the instruction from case that first extract the 'application' before export and load after import in case menu. The only concern is to find out wether there are any conflict between each set of 'application' Henry.

Note : the 'application' is the term in case. Received on Fri Jan 27 1995 - 19:00:57 CET

Original text of this message