Re: personal oracle good for recovery practice

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 1995 18:58:51 GMT

In article <1995Jan25.195757.23364_at_tron.bwi.wec.com>, Tom Mize <Mize.T.E%WEC_at_DIALCOM.TYMNET.COM> wrote:
><stuff deleted>
>A 'gotcha' that hit me - it appears that 2 init.ora type files are out there
>and it depends on how you start oracle on which is used. if you use the transactioon
>manager, orawin/vs10/vs10.ini is used, if you use sql*dba then init.ora
>is used. This drove me nuts when I was switching to archivelog mode and changing the

Good point, you are correct. The general feeling is that SQL*DBA and Database Manager are two different tools for two different users so having two files wasn't a big deal. Although you can't export between the two, you can basically cut and paste(be careful since VS10.INI can contains much more info than just your parameters...) Received on Fri Jan 27 1995 - 19:58:51 CET

Original text of this message