Re: Very Large Database Support Inquiry...

From: David Eastwood <David.Eastwood_at_cscoe.ac.com>
Date: 26 Jan 1995 22:29:16 GMT

In article <3g3gdc$a0b_at_News1.mcs.com>, dmausner_at_brauntech.com (Dave Mausner) says:

>Sorry, i'm only up to 100 Gbytes so far, but my experience has been
>that oracle7 with parallel query server and an SMP with plenty of
>memory is linearly scalable and robust. it has my recommendation.
>--
>Dave Mausner, Sr. Consultant, Braun Technology Group, Chicago.

I'd be really interested to hear about your backup strategies with this database - are you using Oracle's Parallel Backup?

David.Eastwood_at_cscoe.ac.com - Andersen Consulting, Minneapolis *** Opinions expressed are my own, not those of my employer ** Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 23:29:16 CET

Original text of this message