Re: FORM: function in where clause?

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 11:56:51 GMT

In article <3g6qml$2k9_at_debbie.cc.nctu.edu.tw> chiu_at_cc.nctu.edu.tw () writes:

>Hi,

> In SQL FORM, can I declare a function and put it into where clause for
>making decision? If yes, how can I do it?

> For example,

> Select * from A_Table where make_decision_func(A_Col) = 'Y';

>Thanks!

>Keny Chiu

In short. No

Can you do the same SQL in SQL*PLUS??? I guess not!

But you can work it around by determine which column you are interested (from the make_decision_func) and then modify the DEFAULT_WHERE property of the relevant block.

Ken Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 12:56:51 CET

Original text of this message