Re: NETWARE ORACLE PROBLEM !!!

From: Thorsten Buerfeind <thb_at_sekas.de>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 10:29:06 GMT

In article <3g6eif$5g_at_newsbf02.news.aol.com> robisw_at_aol.com (RobiSW) writes:

    RobiSW> We are experiencing Novell Netware Abends (abnormal ends)
    RobiSW> when running Oracle 7.0.16.5A and 7.0.16.0 on Netware 3.11
    RobiSW> and 3.12. The abends only seem to happen when running
    RobiSW> complex SQL statements. Can anyone out there help us?
    RobiSW> Oracle and Novell seem unable to.  Facts : All servers
    RobiSW> have at least 32mb of RAM Abend errors have been "Cache
    RobiSW> Buffer not Found in Drive Table or avail list by
    RobiSW> AllocateNonMovable Returnable Memory" and "Stack overflow
    RobiSW> detected by kernal" Thanks

We had similar problems on our NetWare 3.12 server (I can not recall the abend reasons, but it also happened during heavy load on the database) and we got a patch for the RDBMS. Now it is V7.0.16.6.8 and the database is alot more stable now.

Thorsten Received on Thu Jan 26 1995 - 11:29:06 CET

Original text of this message